RadioBanter

-   -   The looming disaster in over-the-air TV (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/125470-looming-disaster-over-air-tv.html)

jack September 29th 07 01:53 PM

The looming disaster in over-the-air TV

used to be that my biggest problem with TV was the interference I caused to
an old Philco set my parents had. actually, I did not cause the
interference, it was the crummy front end on this particular set, but I
filtered anyway...

February 2009 -- the current issue of Nuts n Volts has a longish article on
the scramble for set top boxes/converters for the new digital broadcast
standards. Everyone is going to get a $40 voucher to purchase 2
converters...wait until talk radio gets wind of this.

Tim Shoppa October 1st 07 01:47 PM

On Sep 29, 8:53 am, "jack" wrote:
used to be that my biggest problem with TV was the interference I caused to
an old Philco set my parents had. actually, I did not cause the
interference, it was the crummy front end on this particular set, but I
filtered anyway...

February 2009 -- the current issue of Nuts n Volts has a longish article on
the scramble for set top boxes/converters for the new digital broadcast
standards. Everyone is going to get a $40 voucher to purchase 2
converters...wait until talk radio gets wind of this.

I don't see the problem. I throw away the TV's at home (all at least
fifteen years old now), my family's collective IQ goes up 50 or 60
points. Sounds like a win-win situation for me!

Tim.