RadioBanter

-   -   removing enamel (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/133971-removing-enamel.html)

W3CQH June 4th 08 11:46 PM

removing enamel

Thanks to all who responded to the question, with all of your expertise and
comments.

Best 73's, it turned out to be a very interesting thread.

SamSvL June 5th 08 08:27 AM

removing enamel

"W3CQH" wrote in
:

Thanks to all who responded to the question, with all of your
expertise and comments.

Best 73's, it turned out to be a very interesting thread.

Formic acid (CH2O2) works fine for me

Sam

Telstar Electronics June 5th 08 02:19 PM

removing enamel

http://www.eraser.com/catpdf.cgi/Mag...d&catpdf_id=11

AF6AY June 8th 08 07:00 PM

removing enamel

On Jun 5, 6:19�am, Telstar Electronics
wrote:
On Jun 4, 5:46�pm, "W3CQH" wrote:

Thanks to all who responded to the question, with all of your expertise and
comments.

Best 73's, �it turned out to be a very interesting thread.

http://www.eraser.com/catpdf.cgi/Mag...d&catpdf_id=11

Seen those in action. But, be prepared for significant STICKER SHOCK
if you
want to buy one. Get Eraser's Price List for some knock-yer-socks-off
costs.

Compare that to a $3 bottle of Strip-X from GC two decades ago...which
could last a HOBBYIST for a decade.

This forum is for HOBBYISTS, not manufacturers. If I want to use
abrasive methods of removing magnet wire coatings, I'll just rip off a
quarter of a small square of emery finishing paper (used in painting
furniture) and use that for a couple of months of intense coil
building. Costs maybe a dime for that.

73, Len AF6AY

Telstar Electronics June 10th 08 01:04 PM

removing enamel

wrote:

On Jun 4, 5:46�pm, "W3CQH" wrote:

Thanks to all who responded to the question, with all of your expertise and
comments.

Best 73's, �it turned out to be a very interesting thread.

http://www.eraser.com/catpdf.cgi/Mag...d&catpdf_id=11

Seen those in action. Â*But, be prepared for significant STICKER SHOCK
if you
want to buy one. Â*Get Eraser's Price List for some knock-yer-socks-off
costs.

Compare that to a $3 bottle of Strip-X from GC two decades ago...which
could last a HOBBYIST for a decade.

This forum is for HOBBYISTS, not manufacturers. Â*If I want to use
abrasive methods of removing magnet wire coatings, I'll just rip off a
quarter of a small square of emery finishing paper (used in painting
furniture) and use that for a couple of months of intense coil
building. Â*Costs maybe a dime for that.

73, Len Â*AF6AY

Stop being so cheap Len... and do it the right way... lol