RadioBanter

-   -   Yaesu FT530 speaker/mic - pinout (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/136623-yaesu-ft530-speaker-mic-pinout.html)

2E0EJS September 14th 08 07:22 PM

Yaesu FT530 speaker/mic - pinout

Hi all
I have an old FT530 kicking around that I wish to use mobile.
My problem is that I need the pinouts of the jack plugs on the speaker mic so I can emulate these on the plugs of a hands free / remote TX switch mic.
I have seen various bits of info for connections but none that states if I need a DC blocking capacitor or not and what do I connect to earth to make the radio TX (must this be via a resistor?).
I would appreciate any info on this please................................

Neil 2E0EJS / M3SGC

Highland Ham[_2_] September 15th 08 03:37 PM

2E0EJS wrote:
Hi all
I have an old FT530 kicking around that I wish to use mobile.
My problem is that I need the pinouts of the jack plugs on the speaker
mic so I can emulate these on the plugs of a hands free / remote TX
switch mic.
I have seen various bits of info for connections but none that states
if I need a DC blocking capacitor or not and what do I connect to earth
to make the radio TX (must this be via a resistor?).
I would appreciate any info on this

Neil 2E0EJS / M3SGC
You can find the manual + circuit diagramme for the FT530 at ;
www.mods.dk Goto Manuals --- Yaesu --- FT530

If you are not (financially)contributing to that site you are allowed to
make 1 download per day (24 hrs)

Good Luck

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH