RadioBanter

-   -   Can a Wireless Speaker Transmitter be turned into FM transmitter (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/149860-can-wireless-speaker-transmitter-turned-into-fm-transmitter.html)

volleybiggs February 20th 10 10:42 PM

Can a Wireless Speaker Transmitter be turned into FM transmitter

I have an ok FM transmitter goes about 30 or 40 feet. I also have a
Jensen Wireless 900mhz for speakers. I read where the Jensen uses a
2.4mhz signal. Is there a part I can take off my FM transmitter so the
Jensen can tranmit on 88.9-179?

Thanks!

RFI-EMI-GUY February 22nd 10 12:58 AM

On 2/20/2010 5:42 PM, volleybiggs wrote:
I have an ok FM transmitter goes about 30 or 40 feet. I also have a
Jensen Wireless 900mhz for speakers. I read where the Jensen uses a
2.4mhz signal. Is there a part I can take off my FM transmitter so the
Jensen can tranmit on 88.9-179?

Thanks!

Nope!

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Use only Genuine Interocitor Parts" Tom Servo ;-P

sorry-spammers February 22nd 10 05:33 AM

volleybiggs wrote:
I have an ok FM transmitter goes about 30 or 40 feet. I also have a
Jensen Wireless 900mhz for speakers. I read where the Jensen uses a
2.4mhz signal. Is there a part I can take off my FM transmitter so the
Jensen can tranmit on 88.9-179?

I'm afraid not, you're not going to be able to pull the frequency that far.

(even if you could, there's a good chance the Jensen unit doesn't transmit a signal that's compatible with FM radios)

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN EM66