RadioBanter

-   -   obsolete Agilent SA - how to upgrade? (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/171895-obsolete-agilent-sa-how-upgrade.html)

Paul Probert July 28th 11 01:03 AM

obsolete Agilent SA - how to upgrade?

Folks,
I got a nice Agilent E4401B spectrum analyzer for a bargain on Ebay,
only problem being the tightest resolution bandwidth is 1 kHz. Now for
that SA the upgrade to 10 Hz bandwidth is nothing more than typing in a
secret code. Problem is Agilent won't give you the code, the scope being
obsolete.
Anybody know of a third party solution, a hack, or ???
Thanks in advance --
Paul Probert W9PHP

JIMMIE August 4th 11 11:18 PM

On Jul 27, 8:03*pm, Paul Probert wrote:
Folks,
* *I got a nice Agilent E4401B spectrum analyzer for a bargain on Ebay,
only problem being the tightest resolution bandwidth is 1 kHz. Now for
that SA the upgrade to 10 Hz bandwidth is nothing more than typing in a
secret code. Problem is Agilent won't give you the code, the scope being
obsolete.
* *Anybody know of a third party solution, a hack, or ???
Thanks in advance --
Paul Probert W9PHP

I came across a list of mods like this for Agilent equipment on the
internet. Dont know where I saw them but at least this will let you
know they are out their. Happy Hunting.

Jimmie