RadioBanter

-   -   I WILL BUY YOUR BROKEN/TRASHED ICOM H.F. RADIO (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/186056-re-i-will-buy-your-broken-trashed-icom-h-f-radio.html)

Bill M[_5_] June 9th 12 02:09 AM

justme wrote:
I WILL BUY YOUR BROKEN/TRASHED ICOM H.F. RADIO

I WILL BUY YOUR BROKEN/TRASHED ICOM H.F. RADIO

Hi,

I want to get back on the air by seeing if I can fix a trashed or
non-working Icom h.f. radio.

Has to be cheap.

Thank you.

W5BRY

EMAIL:

Good luck! I had a 745 until the late 90s. I loved that radio. Wore
the heck out of it but it reached the point to where it was like an old
car. Always needed some tinkering.

I live in the Caribbean so the environment was a big factor. Cleaning
cards and sockets and plugs became routine every time I wanted to use
it. No major failures (it got new finals and a new ROM board in the
early 90s).

Wish I could get another new one like it these days!

I was surprised to get $180 as-is out of it on ebay with a pockmarked
front panel.

-Bill

justme June 10th 12 05:27 AM

I WILL BUY YOUR BROKEN/TRASHED ICOM H.F. RADIO

Hey, Bill.

Where in the Caribbean are you? My wife is from Antigua. W.I.

Bill M[_5_] June 13th 12 01:24 PM

I WILL BUY YOUR BROKEN/TRASHED ICOM H.F. RADIO

The Icom survived Nevis, Anguilla, Dom. Rep and was finally retired in
Vieques Is., PR. I have lived in VQS for the past 14 yrs.
-Bill WX4A/KP4