RadioBanter

-   -   VHF transistor for HF Power ampli (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/189339-vhf-transistor-hf-power-ampli.html)

Theo[_3_] October 17th 12 10:49 PM

VHF transistor for HF Power ampli

HI,

I've several VHF transistor that could run about 50W.
I wonder if they are able to work under 3,5, 7 or 14 MHz ?

Thanks a lot for your answers

Teo

Arid ace October 18th 12 04:08 AM

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 23:49:08 +0200, Theo wrote:

HI,

I've several VHF transistor that could run about 50W.
I wonder if they are able to work under 3,5, 7 or 14 MHz ?

Thanks a lot for your answers

Teo

Generally, a transistor designed for VHF will work well on HF, and with (much)
higher gain. When that is ignored, it could be a reason for instability though.

Jan

Theo[_3_] October 18th 12 08:14 AM

VHF transistor for HF Power ampli

hi,

Thanks a lot for your answers.

For a long time, I've :
BLY94 50W
2N5643 40W
BLY21 15W
2N5591 5W
2N5945 4W
2N3927 20W
MRF238 30W

I never use them in vhf but they can help me to build amplifiers for my qrp.

[email protected] April 22nd 13 05:10 AM

CW transmitter

Hi Everybody

I would like to make a CW Tansmitter, say 20 W, higher HF (25 MHz or more) for fishing boat. Is there any idea where I can find circuit and kits. Someone with experience in this field would be able to advise effectively. Your help would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Kazi