RadioBanter

-   -   seeking a good 1.25m repeater (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/194517-seeking-good-1-25m-repeater.html)

David Griffith May 15th 13 08:19 AM

seeking a good 1.25m repeater

I'm interested in putting together a 1.25m repeater sometime in the next
year and I'm casting about for possible solutions. It seems that I have
two routes: 1) modify a GE Mastr II or 2) find a SEA ESP-1000. Using
modified GE Mastr IIs is a well-regarded way of doing it, but I am
unfamiliar with the SEA ESP-1000. I'm slightly inclined to get one of
those because it seems that I can get one all ready to go for slightly
more than an unmodified Mastr II AND it's all in a convenient rackmount
chassis.

There seems to be a dearth of information on the ESP-1000 though. Can I
get some pointers to manuals or whatever else may be helpful?

--
David Griffith
--- Put my last name where it belongs

Bruce Gordon[_3_] May 15th 13 07:40 PM

seeking a good 1.25m repeater

In article ,
(David Griffith) wrote:

I'm interested in putting together a 1.25m repeater sometime in the next
year and I'm casting about for possible solutions. It seems that I have
two routes: 1) modify a GE Mastr II or 2) find a SEA ESP-1000. Using
modified GE Mastr IIs is a well-regarded way of doing it, but I am
unfamiliar with the SEA ESP-1000. I'm slightly inclined to get one of
those because it seems that I can get one all ready to go for slightly
more than an unmodified Mastr II AND it's all in a convenient rackmount
chassis.

There seems to be a dearth of information on the ESP-1000 though. Can I
get some pointers to manuals or whatever else may be helpful?

That is simply because that System caused the SEA Group to be driven
into Bankruptcy, and nearly BROKE the Marine Division for a decade.
They are just now coming out of that slump. There are NO services
available from SEA, for ANY of those Units currently, and it is not
likely that there ever will be in the future. Al the Engineering Talent
has moved on, to other employers, or reTIRED. Just Say'en.. buy a couple
used Kenwood 1.25 Meter Radios and combine them in a Repeater Package.
that is you best bet for a supportable repeater.

--
Bruce in Alaska add path before the @ for email