RadioBanter

-   -   Stable coil formers? (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/198799-stable-coil-formers.html)

gareth November 6th 13 07:12 PM

Stable coil formers?

In the process of winding a number of VFO coils, methought that I
should obtain some porcelain formers, when a thought struck me, which
was why not trawl the local charity shops (which together with shoe shops
and estate agents are all that seem to be in the High Streets these days)
for
some china spoons, and use the handles as coil formers?

(Yes, I know the one about electric fire elements)

Then it struck me, that we already have a source of stable coil formers
in our junkboxes, which is B7G and B9A glass tubes!

Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI November 6th 13 10:27 PM

Stable coil formers?

"gareth" wrote in message
Then it struck me, that we already have a source of stable coil formers
in our junkboxes, which is B7G and B9A glass tubes!

I thought they were called valves, unless you're a Yank.
--
;-)
..

Michael Black[_2_] November 7th 13 12:27 AM

Stable coil formers?

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013, FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI wrote:

"gareth" wrote in message
Then it struck me, that we already have a source of stable coil formers
in our junkboxes, which is B7G and B9A glass tubes!

I thought they were called valves, unless you're a Yank.

;-)

But the valves are the whole tube, he's just talking about using the
envelope, "glass tube", as a coil form.

Might as well just use a test tube for the coil form.

Michael VE2BVW

gareth November 7th 13 06:32 AM

Stable coil formers?

"Michael Black" wrote in message
xample.org...

Might as well just use a test tube for the coil form.

Yes, but I've none in my junk box

Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI November 7th 13 10:35 AM

Stable coil formers?

OK, sorry Beanie, ****ed again.
--
;-)