RadioBanter

-   -   R.S.G.B Membership for £1.05 (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/20688-re-r-s-g-b-membership-%C2%A31-05-a.html)

128 July 1st 03 10:24 PM

R.S.G.B Membership for £1.05

Hello,

Was it a joke or a genuine offer by the RSGB?

"Duncan Walters" wrote in message
It's a good job you are not a RSGB news reader, Ian.
We would all get the news a fortnight too late!

Marcus Sleightholm July 2nd 03 08:50 AM

The offer is real - I know of two people who have taken it up. Rather cheap
for a years QSL Bureau activity.

73 Marcus

"Keith" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:24:30 +0100, "128" wrote:

Hello,

Was it a joke or a genuine offer by the RSGB?

"Duncan Walters" wrote in message
It's a good job you are not a RSGB news reader, Ian.
We would all get the news a fortnight too late!

Probably a credit card collection scam, ARRL was just hit by one this

week so
the scammers moved their target.

--
NW Oregon Radio Page Ham, Police Scanner, Shortwave and more.
http://home.earthlink.net/~kilowattradio/

Duncan Walters July 3rd 03 09:03 AM

wrote in message
Join the Radio Society of Great Britain for £1.05 or 2 US dollars

Normal membership cost is £42.50 but if you join in July

with the RSGB special offer Membership will cost you £1.05

That's a massive saving of £41.45 pounds!

For that you get one years membership of RSGB which includes the RSGB

national radio magazine Radcom.

Go to http://www.qsl.net/g3zhi/rsgb.jpg for the application form.

http://www.qsl.net/g3zhi