RadioBanter

-   -   Source for 1000pF feedthrough capacitors? (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/20707-re-source-1000pf-feedthrough-capacitors.html)

Harold E. Johnson July 3rd 03 10:58 PM

Source for 1000pF feedthrough capacitors?

"Sebastian Tombs" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
Does anyone know of a source for 1000 pF feedthrough capacitors in Canada

or
the US. I've looked on the web, bit the only one I found was in SOuth
Australia and I want to build the project THIS month :). A local source

for
me, (Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto) would be the best...

Maplin (England) has some 1000 pF and 0.1 uF feedthrus at a very attractive
price. May be surplus, they don't look new, but conversely, I don't think
they've been used before either.

W4ZCB

Alex July 4th 03 01:01 AM

Not sure what the difference is between them and normal ones, but ABRA
electronics in Montreal has tons of capacitors for as little as $0.05
each. What is the difference between them and normal ones?

Sebastian Tombs wrote:
Does anyone know of a source for 1000 pF feedthrough capacitors in Canada or
the US. I've looked on the web, bit the only one I found was in SOuth
Australia and I want to build the project THIS month :). A local source for
me, (Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto) would be the best...

Thanks

---

Bruce Raymond July 4th 03 01:13 PM

Ocean States Electronics lists them in their catalog.

http://www.oselectronics.com/PDF%20Pages/pg093.pdf

Hope this helps.

Bruce Raymond/ND8I

"Michael Black" wrote in message
Alex ) writes:
Not sure what the difference is between them and normal ones, but ABRA
electronics in Montreal has tons of capacitors for as little as $0.05
each. What is the difference between them and normal ones?

They are physically different.

They are basically a way of getting something in or out of a chassis
or compartment without any associated RF.

So all feedthrough capacitors fit in some kind of hole. Some have a

thread
so you can hold it in place with a nut. Others are soldered in place.

The
center lead obviously carries the signal you want, but from that point to
ground there is a (pretty good) capacitor to ground. No extra leads to
cause problems, likely because of the physical layout less chance for
a stray signal to come out of (or into) the box.

At the very least, they are a neat way of hooking wires to a box,
since they in effect supply terminals that you can solder wires to.

Michael VE2BVW

John Miles July 7th 03 03:49 PM

In article gers.com,
says...
Does anyone know of a source for 1000 pF feedthrough capacitors in Canada or
the US. I've looked on the web, bit the only one I found was in SOuth
Australia and I want to build the project THIS month :). A local source for
me, (Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto) would be the best...

Do an eBay search on (feedthrough, feedthru).

-- jm

http://www.qsl.net/ke5fx
Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam