RadioBanter

-   -   HW 101 for Navy Mars (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/20827-re-hw-101-navy-mars.html)

Fred McKenzie July 21st 03 01:58 AM

Got my hands on a Heathkit HW-101..It's low preset is 3.5 and the center
tuner only
adds 500 hz...Navy Mars operates at 4470.5. ..Any help?

Rick-

The tuned circuits may be close enough if you change the 80 Meter heterodyne
oscillator crystal. I assume you can read the frequency on the crystal if you
don't have documentation. If you can find one 500 KHz higher, it should make
your range 4.0 to 4.5 MHz. Close may be good enough!

The only problem may be that the oscillator circuit used for the heterodyne
crystals, requires high-Q crystals. That was one of the weak points in the
design of the HW-100/SB-100 series.

73, Fred, K4DII