RadioBanter

-   -   Transmitter tube testing (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/20884-transmitter-tube-testing.html)

castles July 29th 03 04:26 AM

Transmitter tube testing

I would like to build a set up for testing transmitting tubes. I was
thinking of just testing a couple of points. My power supply will have a
capability of 500 volts maximum at 2 amps. I would test a triode for
instance for cutoff and then I was thinking of going to the plate
dissapation value. I would do this short term so that the tube would not
need to have forced air cooling.

I am planning to sell some of my transmitting tubes and would like to
advertise them as having passed a series of tests. What tests would be
most meaningful?

Thanks for you suggestions, Don