RadioBanter

-   -   Coils (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/20946-coils.html)

John Kinnunen August 7th 03 05:29 PM

Coils

I would like to build a coil on a 3/8th inch diameter tube about 1.5" to
2" long with an adjustable slug inside one with a rod of some type atached
so I can turn it to adjust it.
They use to have such coils years ago made out of paper, however, now they
are very hard to come by. I am wondering if such a form exists now or has
something replace it. I am making a tank circuit for a small VFO and have
all the parts except this one.
I am open to suggestions on how to build such a thing or where to buy one.
I asume plastic has replaced the paper tube.
Thanks so much in advance