Old September 16th 03, 03:03 AM
Zombie Wolf

Here is an interesting idea. A guy could use a 555 timer chip to make a
circuit that would literally key up in the guys face every time he keyed his
rig, by connecting the trigger input on the timer chip to the signal from
the s-meter , which is filtered dc. the amount of time it would key up for
could be set by the timing interval of the chip . Now, we simply turn the
sensitivity of the receiver down, and turn the power output down also on
transmit. this means a 12- volt car battery could run this setup for a
loooong time. The receive sensitivity is turned down until only strong local
signals produce enough s-meter output to trigger the chip into keying the
rig up. This ensures that it only keys on him, since you will place this
somewhere near his residence.
A friend of mine did this with great success, since he took a regular
breaker box, and mounted it on a light pole near the guy's house, along with
a bunch of other boxes that were on the pole already, and ran a 9-foot wire
up the pole. It was quite a while before the power company discovered the
'superfluous" box on the back of the light pole, long after it had served
its purpose well. the 12- volt car battery that ran it lasted over a month
with this setup............. total cost ? it might have cost two or three
dollars to make the circuit on a piece of perfboard...

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
Golly -- FYI:
Jamming is illegal -- subject to an FCC fine

--
73 From The Signal In The Noise
Caveat Lector Ya All
"Limitedselection" wrote in message
Help!

I want to effectively "jam" CB reception on my property.
The "jammer" would need to be low power and cover an area about as large

as a
'small' city block.

I have searched google, but I have only found references to schematics

that
were either posted to usenet as a picture (thus not saved in google

archives),
or located on web servers in domains that no longer exist.

Any information would be appreciated!

Old September 20th 03, 02:21 PM
Argus

In the final analysis, they do a pretty good job of jamming each other.

"J M Noeding" wrote in message
On 14 Sep 2003 07:39:17 GMT,
(Limitedselection) wrote:

Subject: want circuit/schematic for CB "jammer"
From:
(Robert F Wieland)
Date: 9/13/2003 12:57 PM Pacific Daylight Time
In article ,
Limitedselection wrote:
To "Caveat Lector":

Thanks for your 'help'!

Apparently you are a lawyer (or play one on usenet)?

You don't need to be a lawyer to know the law, nor a weatherman to know
which way the wind blows.

You will be interfering with an authorized radio service. That's

illegal.

You will be transmitting (outside Part 15 limits) without a license.
That's illegal.

You will be putting on the air transmitting equipment that is neither
inspected-and-accepted nor type-accepted. That's illegal.

You do not own nor control the airwaves on your property. I could try

list the things that are illegal even though you own the property

they're
done on, except that I have a 10-Meg limit on my temporary file size.

I agree you probably won't get caught, but don't kid yourself about what
you're doing...
--

R F Wieland Newark, DE 19711-5323 USA 39.68N 75.74W
Icom R75 Heathkit GR-81 Inverted-L in the attic

Wieland,
I am not kidding myself. I never stated, asserted, proposed or implied

that
jamming was legal.

I am very sorry that you completely misinterpreted my post.

I know that it jamming is illegal, okay Wieland?

Thanks for your help!

a friend made a jammer for a difficult person who caused a lot of
problems for the surrounding world. The jammer had photodiode, and
would only operate when dark, it transmitted only after a CB
transmission - for the next 20 minutes causing reception impossible
for this guy, and it was hidden in a nearby trea

So this bloke couldn't make 2-way communication and after some time
resigned to find a new house somewhere far away from this place

He had caused very much problems running high power and blocking
TV-and broadcast-reception, so it was a good idea to keep him from
activitating the CB or what ever band

It happened many years ago, but still it is told to amuse the friends

-jm

--
remove ,xnd to reply (Spam precaution!)

Old September 20th 03, 02:21 PM
Argus

In the final analysis, they do a pretty good job of jamming each other.

"J M Noeding" wrote in message
On 14 Sep 2003 07:39:17 GMT,

From:
(Robert F Wieland)