RadioBanter

-   -   LONG OT FCC BIG HIPPO (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/21224-long-ot-fcc-big-hippo.html)

tk September 18th 03 11:56 PM

LONG OT FCC BIG HIPPO

Wednesday's Atlanta Constitution had a front page article on the vote in
Congress to block the latest FCC decree on media ownership. The thing
that caught my eye was King Powell's statement "I hope that Congress
will take a more considered view of the PUBLIC interest." What a
hypocrite...
(had to look it up !!) Does anyone on this newgroup ever remember the
"public interest" being a factor in an FCC ruling ???? They don't know
the meaning of nor do they acknowledge the existence of PICON in their
mission statement.

I get a monthly reminder in my Telco bill of their public interest. 30%
of my monthly bill has absolutely npthing to do with local phone
service...

Cheers

Ted in Atlanta

Larry September 19th 03 11:29 PM