Old September 25th 03, 02:14 AM
kenneth scharf

Geoffrey G. Rochat wrote:
kenneth scharf wrote in message

Does anybody know where I can get a Harris or Intersil
HD6100, HD6120, IM6100, or IM6120 microprocessor (cmos pdp-8)?

I used to work for Digital, and thought it would be an interresting

project

to homebrew a PDP-8 system. I have a T11 microprocessor chip in the

junbox

someplace, so a PDP-11 system is also a possibility.

In fact, there is a fellow who sells kits and parts for the SBC6120, which
is a build-your-own PDP-8 based on the IM6120 chip:

http://www.sparetimegizmos.com/Hardware/SBC6120-2.htm

And this fellow has an add-on for the SBC6120:

http://www.jkearney.com/sbc6120/iob6120.htm

Also, IM6100 chips show up on eBay from time to time.

PDP-8 documentation may be found at Al Kossow's site:

http://www.spies.com/~aek/pdf/dec/pdp8/

And at Dave Gesswein's site:

http://www.pdp8.net

Also, Bob Supnik's SIMH retrocomputing simulator supports the PDP-8. SIMH
is hosted at Tom Shoppa's Trailing Edge site, currently down due to the
effects of Isabel:

Now that's a name I haven't heard for a while. I worked with Bob at DEC
some 25 years ago.
Bob's the nerd that translated the Dungeon (aka Zork) game from Muddle into
Fortran to port it from the PDP-10 to the PDP-11 under RT11