RadioBanter

-   -   Morse rules OK? (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/212511-morse-rules-ok.html)

gareth February 7th 15 08:33 PM

Morse rules OK?

Not only do modern mobile phones by default announce the arrival of
a text message by, "SMS" in Morse Code ***** .....

http://hackaday.com/2015/02/06/would...-like-pecking/

***** "Morse Code" should, of course, be correctly described as, "Vail
Cypher".

Brian Reay[_5_] February 7th 15 10:13 PM

Morse rules OK?

On 07/02/15 21:19, Brian Morrison wrote:

Not only do modern mobile phones by default announce the arrival of
a text message by, "SMS" in Morse Code

Well, perhaps they did 15 years ago, but not any more. The demise of
feature phones and in particular Nokia S40 series has seen to that.

You are cruel Brian, the last time this was mentioned people took pity
and didn't mention it was nonsense.

Sometimes it is kinder to leave the demented in their own little world.

Even conventional text messages are a bit 'old hat' for those who have
moved on to a decent Smartphone.

Charlie[_5_] February 8th 15 08:41 AM

Morse rules OK?

On Sat, 07 Feb 2015 20:33:39 +0000, gareth wrote:

"SMS" in Morse Code *****

My Samsung gives out a deep and disturbing burp.

Although I have to say I enjoy the ringing till notification every time I
sell something on eBay!

Charlie.
M0WYM.

--
He who throws dirt loses ground.

Jeefaw K. Effkay February 8th 15 11:05 AM

Morse rules OK?

On 07/02/2015 20:33, gareth wrote:
Not only do modern mobile phones by default announce the arrival of
a text message by, "SMS" in Morse Code ***** .....

Not by default, but maybe there's an app for that?

Is there a Blackberry app that can actually read out the text from
incoming SMS and email in Morse? That *would* be useful.