RadioBanter

-   -   Taking apart Hustler mobile mast? (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/21391-taking-apart-hustler-mobile-mast.html)

Martin October 12th 03 08:52 PM

Taking apart Hustler mobile mast?

While I'm waiting hopefully for some help from New-Tronics, I thought I
would
ask here if anyone would know how to take apart a Hustler mobile mast
without wrecking it?

The joint where the mast folds has two screws which I can remove, but the
fit between the sections seems impossible to budge.

Anyone have any actual experience with this?

Marty K1FHR

Dave Bushong October 13th 03 01:51 AM

Never use a crescent wrench as anything other than a wrench (unless it
belongs to someone else). Find an open-end wrench and tap that with a
hammer instead.

"Ham" doesn't need to mean "Hack".

All the best,
KZ1O

Jake Donovan October 15th 03 10:39 PM

Martin,

Why do you want to take it apart? Is the fold over cracked? (they are
infamous for that.) I have 2 former fold over masts that I cut the knurl
off and slid a tube up over the joint. A couple of rivets and a sprint load
at the resonator end and I haven't bent one yet.

JD

.net...