RadioBanter

-   -   Ringing on square wave: how to eliminate? (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/21418-ringing-square-wave-how-eliminate.html)

Paul Burridge October 15th 03 11:28 AM

Ringing on square wave: how to eliminate?

Hi chaps,

Heading sums it up. I'm using a 74HC04 to 'square-off' a sine wave,
but it's causing a fair amount of ringing on the output signal's highs
and lows which appears to be finding its way through to the eventual
final stage. How do I best eliminate (or at least drastically reduce)
this nuisance? The square wave frequency is 8Mhz., btw.

Thanks,

p.
--

"Windows [n.], A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch
to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit