RadioBanter

-   -   Filament Help (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/21573-filament-help.html)

Biz WDØHCO November 6th 03 03:30 PM

Filament Help

TO BA and Homebrew NG's:

Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions.
My homebrew dream receiver is complete and working FB.
Thought you all might like to take a look at it.

So here it is:

http://www.megacycles.biz

No laughing please! :^(

It took about 3 weeks working a few hours a day.

Al November 7th 03 02:13 PM

In article ,
W7TI wrote:

On Thu, 06 Nov 2003 09:30:55 -0600, Biz WDØHCO wrote:

TO BA and Homebrew NG's:

Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions.
My homebrew dream receiver is complete and working FB.
Thought you all might like to take a look at it.

So here it is:

http://www.megacycles.biz

No laughing please! :^(

It took about 3 weeks working a few hours a day.

Unusual tube lineup (except the 12AX7). Care to explain your choices?

I think he explained it in his web site.

I always loved the receiver in the HW-16 but hated the chirpy transmitter.
So I hacked into it and stole the board out of it. It's got a few mods to make
it perform even better.

Al

--
There's never enough time to do it right the first time.......

K5DH November 11th 03 06:45 PM

His description indicates that the circuit board (and
presumably everything on it) came out of a Heathkit
HW-16 transceiver. It was Heath's choice on tubes.

I've thought many times about doing the same thing
using the receiver section from an junked HW-16 that
I have in storage.

73,
Dean K5DH

In article ,
says...

You're not understanding my question. I asked him to explain why he
chose certain tubes, not where they came from.

If the answer is "that's all I had available", that's fine, but I'd like
to hear him say so. Otherwise, I'm curious why he chose a 6EW6, for
example, over other types. Presumably with "a bunch of dead tube
radios" he would have some options.

I did TV repair back in the '60s and '70s and the subtle differences
between tube types has always been interesting to me.

--
Bill, W7TI