RadioBanter

-   -   Wire dispensing ideas wanted (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/21640-wire-dispensing-ideas-wanted.html)

Paul Erickson November 15th 03 05:20 AM

Wire dispensing ideas wanted

I am in the process of building a new workshop/workbench for
electronic work. I have a number of spools of wire that I
would like to organize in a way that will allow easy access
to the various types, and control the rate of feed so that
the problem of runoff is minimized.

Thanks in advance.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email:

Gary S. November 15th 03 01:41 PM

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 05:20:06 +0000 (UTC), (Paul Erickson)
wrote:

I am in the process of building a new workshop/workbench for
electronic work. I have a number of spools of wire that I
would like to organize in a way that will allow easy access
to the various types, and control the rate of feed so that
the problem of runoff is minimized.

See the other suggestion.

Also, look at what professional electricians do, especially on
industrial jobs. They have a portable cart with the various wires
mounted.

There are commercial things available for this. Even if you make your
own, look at the premade ones first for ideas.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

Paul Erickson November 15th 03 03:14 PM

Leon Heller writes:
Thanks, good idea.

cheers, Paul

Paul Erickson wrote:
I am in the process of building a new workshop/workbench for
electronic work. I have a number of spools of wire that I
would like to organize in a way that will allow easy access
to the various types, and control the rate of feed so that
the problem of runoff is minimized.

How about putting all the spools on a rod mounted at the back of the
bench, with two pieces of foam mounted on two pieces of wood so as to
grip the free ends? You could also use foam to act as a brake on the spools.

Leon

Paul Erickson November 15th 03 03:15 PM

wrote:

I am in the process of building a new workshop/workbench for
electronic work. I have a number of spools of wire that I
would like to organize in a way that will allow easy access
to the various types, and control the rate of feed so that
the problem of runoff is minimized.

See the other suggestion.

Also, look at what professional electricians do, especially on
industrial jobs. They have a portable cart with the various wires
mounted.

There are commercial things available for this. Even if you make your
own, look at the premade ones first for ideas.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

Thanks, will do.