RadioBanter

-   -   Regenerative Receiver with Tubes (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/21912-re-regenerative-receiver-tubes.html)

Master of the universe and supreme ruler of all li December 17th 03 08:28 AM

Regenerative Receiver with Tubes

I am looking for diagrams on building a Regen Receiver useing 2 - 4
tubes.
About 7 - 10 years ago a radio magazine had an article on building one but
I'll be darned if I can remember which one.

Take a look at http://www.tubesandmore.com - Select "books" and enter
"regen" in the search field. You will find at leat ten hits, all with books
full of diagrams and drawings. Cheap, too!

BR MOTU

R J Carpenter December 17th 03 02:00 PM

The regens I built as a youth were always just one triode [0-1-0 in the old
description code]. They were for the AM broadcast band. Fine with high
impedance earphones. You'd want at least an audio cathode follower to drive
today's low impedance phones. [0-1-1 description]

Too bad I burnt out so many UV99, UCX99, WD11, 01A, etc, tubes. One wasn't
too sharp at electronics at age 12 or 13, & probably a bit clumsy w/ the
fingers.

donutbandit December 17th 03 08:17 PM

"Dale Parfitt" wrote in
:

Here's a pix of a 1 tube (actually 3 in 1) compactron) RX that I
built

form a Pop Electronics aarticle. There are links on the WEB if you
type in "6AF11 regen" to your search engine.
http://parelectronics.com/pics/regen2.jpg

There is only one site that search finds, which reproduces the article, but
no schematic!

http://home.gwi.net/~jdebell/pe/1963/PE63JanP39.htm

Dale Parfitt December 17th 03 11:42 PM

Here's a pix of a 1 tube (actually 3 in 1) compactron) RX that I
built

form a Pop Electronics aarticle. There are links on the WEB if you
type in "6AF11 regen" to your search engine.
http://parelectronics.com/pics/regen2.jpg

There is only one site that search finds, which reproduces the article,

but
no schematic!

http://home.gwi.net/~jdebell/pe/1963/PE63JanP39.htm

Try: