RadioBanter

-   -   Freq-Mite on regenerative RX? (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/22335-freq-mite-regenerative-rx.html)

SpamLover February 14th 04 11:38 AM

Freq-Mite on regenerative RX?

I am putting together a regenerative HF receiver, and I am considering
frequency readout options. Did anybody ever try the Small Wonder Labs
FREQ MITE on a solid state regen, i.e. a radio generating just a
little RF?

I guess the challenge is feeding it enough RF (~ 0.2V, high-Z) without
taxing the detector too much.

Should a pickup inductor in the vicinity of the tank circuit be enough
to provide the voltage, or should I plan to add a RF amp?

TIA

Spammy