RadioBanter

-   -   Shaft Coupling Source? (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/22490-shaft-coupling-source.html)

Dan Richardson March 3rd 04 05:20 PM

Shaft Coupling Source?

Can anyone point me to a source for shaft couplings used to add
extensions to ¼ inch diameter variable capacitor and/or rotary switch
shafts.

Thanks
Danny, K6MHE

Tim Wescott March 3rd 04 05:57 PM

Surplus Sales of Nebraska (www.surplussales.com) should have these.

ChipS March 3rd 04 06:32 PM

"Dan Richardson @mendolink.com" ChangeThisToCallSign wrote in message
Can anyone point me to a source for shaft couplings used to add
extensions to ¼ inch diameter variable capacitor and/or rotary switch
shafts.

Thanks
Danny, K6MHE

There is a cheap technique for making your own that I have used. A regular
plastic soda straw fits closely around a 1/4" shaft. Either glue or clamp it
onto the shaft and have the rest of the straw filled with epoxy or a glued
in wooden dowel to the length you need . Makes a nice insulated shaft
extension.

--
Chip
KC5UES

John Popelish March 4th 04 01:33 AM

"Dan Richardson " wrote:
=

Can anyone point me to a source for shaft couplings used to add
extensions to =BC inch diameter variable capacitor and/or rotary switch=

shafts.
=

Thanks
Danny, K6MHE

Ask for a catalog from these people:
http://www.sdp-si.com/D790/D790cat.htm

-- =

John Popelish

Dan Richardson March 4th 04 02:59 AM

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 20:33:49 -0500, John Popelish
wrote:

Ask for a catalog from these people:
http://www.sdp-si.com/D790/D790cat.htm

--