RadioBanter

-   -   Using Multimedia Headsets (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/22497-using-multimedia-headsets.html)

CL Vancil March 3rd 04 05:40 PM

Using Multimedia Headsets

Hello,

I have a project that requires more than 10 headsets that get lots of
rough uses.

I have looked at using multimedia headsets as a cheap source. But
worry about impedance matching and making a remote PTT for them. This
is all for GMRS radios (several brands)using the common mono 1/8
speaker mono 3/32 mic connector.

I have made an experimental box with two stereo 1/8 jacks that just
carry the speakers straight thru and use a simple push button for the
mic's PTT. But get a load "s****zt" just as I press the button.

--Chris Vancil