Old April 16th 04, 03:07 PM
R_QRP

Default You are all welcome to take part in SPAT Design Challenge ...

You are all welcome to take part in SPAT Design Challenge for an
Amplitude-Modulated Basic QRP Shortwave Transmitter:
http://www.geocities.com/radio_qrp/spat.html
SPAT = Simplest Practical Amplitude-Modulated Transmitter for the 40
mb Short Wave band.
This has nothing to do with the infamous "Grenade" transmitter!!
Old April 16th 04, 07:54 PM
Roger and Ute Brown

Don't be taken in by this challenge! Such equipment can only be seriously
utilized by pirate broadcasters near our 40 meter band. Operating this
equipment will be illegal and, as such, would serve no good purpose. Let
them figure it out by them selves!
Roger, KL7Q

om...

Old April 17th 04, 12:51 AM

Yes a pirate! SPAT is a bit to close to SPRAT
deffo a cheat.

Old April 17th 04, 12:51 AM

Old April 17th 04, 03:04 AM
Michael Black

"Roger and Ute Brown" ) writes:
Don't be taken in by this challenge! Such equipment can only be seriously
utilized by pirate broadcasters near our 40 meter band. Operating this
equipment will be illegal and, as such, would serve no good purpose. Let
them figure it out by them selves!
Roger, KL7Q

That's fascinating.

I only sort of glanced at the original message, noticing it was
AM, but I was reading SPAT as SPRAT, and while I can't remember
what the latter stands for, I thought it was a ham QRP group.
From that perspective, the message almost seems misleading.
I wouldn't have entered, but I wouldn't have given a thought
to the post without your message.

Michael VE2BVW

om...

Old April 17th 04, 07:16 AM
Roy Lewallen

SPRAT is the magazine of the G-QRP club, an excellent publication of an
outstanding club, in my opinion. As far as I know, it's not an acronym,
but I'll try to remember to ask the club founder when I see him at
Dayton next month.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Michael Black wrote:

That's fascinating.

I only sort of glanced at the original message, noticing it was
AM, but I was reading SPAT as SPRAT, and while I can't remember
what the latter stands for, I thought it was a ham QRP group.
From that perspective, the message almost seems misleading.

Old April 17th 04, 01:10 PM
Sverre Holm

SPRAT is the magazine of the G-QRP club, an excellent publication of an
outstanding club, in my opinion. As far as I know, it's not an acronym,

It means something like Small Power Radio Amateur Technology which I guess
more or less is equal to QRP?

--
Sverre Holm, LA3ZA

Call for a *practical* design for a 5 or 6 element wideband yagi using a hertz dipole as DE Richard Antenna 7 June 11th 04 02:58 PM
Lightweight yagi antennas as a design philosphy Richard Antenna 6 June 6th 04 09:38 AM
802.11x and part 97 mark Digital 2 February 26th 04 01:48 PM
802.11x and part 97 mark Digital 0 February 26th 04 08:32 AM
BiQuad Design Specifications for Microwave? Robert Antenna 0 January 21st 04 03:58 AM