RadioBanter

-   -   Loose connection inside D cell battery (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/23077-loose-connection-inside-d-cell-battery.html)

Gary Schafer May 21st 04 04:07 AM

Loose connection inside D cell battery

Anybody ever see a D cell flashlight battery with a poor connection
inside?
I had a flashlight that was giving me fits. The light would always
fade out or quite at the most inopportune time. A shake or bang would
sometimes get it working again.
I cleaned battery connections and every other connection inside the
flashlight. No help.

Finally when I had the batteries out I happened to shake one and it
sounded like liquid inside. There was a rattle in it! It was a
duracell alkaline. The battery still had good voltage but an
intermittent connection inside.

New batteries solved the problem. Anyone else ever hear of a problem
like that with D cells?

73
Gary K4FMX