RadioBanter

-   -   How to calculate VCO gain ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/23400-re-how-calculate-vco-gain.html)

John Miles July 15th 04 06:42 PM

How to calculate VCO gain ?

In article , =20
says...
Hello everybody,
I've build a PLL for a VCO that tunes from =B160 → =B190 MHz. It
works quite well, but however the output of the PLL filter is not
really clean. So I'm re-calculating the values for the output filter.
=20
In the calculations I need the the VCO gain; my VCO isn't linear, the
frequency varies exponentially. So I don't know what gain I should
take: the average ? the gain around the center frequency of the VCO ?
something else ?
=20
Thanks for your answers.
=20

Use the geometric mean: sqrt(Kvco at low end * Kvco at high end).

-- jm

http://www.qsl.net/ke5fx
Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam