RadioBanter

-   -   Motorla RF module info? (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/23438-motorla-rf-module-info.html)

Paul Burridge August 7th 04 04:42 PM

Motorla RF module info?

Hi guys,

I bought an MX2-02 module from e-bay the other day and can't seem to
find any data for it on the net. All I know is that it's for 432Mhz;
200mW in; 30W out and it has a total of 6 pins in two groups of three
at each end. Anyone know any details on this module? Even the pin-outs
would be something!

Thanks,

P.
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.

Paul Burridge August 8th 04 11:57 AM

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 05:33:09 GMT, Rex wrote:

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 00:54:10 +0100, Paul Burridge
wrote:

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 13:34:52 -0500, "mugwoump"
wrote:

What does it look like, got the ebay#?

Here's an identical one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEDW:IT

Found it in my old data books. Pretty simple.

Excellent work, Rex. Thanks very much indeed. I'm a bit ****ed off
about the Pout, though. It was advertised as 30W, not 20 as it
actually appears now to be. :-(
It came wrapped in anti-static stuff but surely there's no need to
worry about static with this type of device? I can't imagine it would
have anything other than BJTs in it. :-|
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.

Highland Ham August 8th 04 02:56 PM

Excellent work, Rex. Thanks very much indeed. I'm a bit ****ed off
about the Pout, though. It was advertised as 30W, not 20 as it
actually appears now to be. :-(
It came wrapped in anti-static stuff but surely there's no need to
worry about static with this type of device? I can't imagine it would
have anything other than BJTs in it. :-|

20 W instead of 30 W means 1.8 dB less .....a fraction of an S-point
Would be surprising if any rx would sense the difference.
Enjoy the use of that module ,Paul .

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Allodoxaphobia August 8th 04 03:27 PM

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:56:13 GMT, Highland Ham hath writ:
Excellent work, Rex. Thanks very much indeed. I'm a bit ****ed off
about the Pout, though. It was advertised as 30W, not 20 as it
actually appears now to be. :-(
It came wrapped in anti-static stuff but surely there's no need to
worry about static with this type of device? I can't imagine it would
have anything other than BJTs in it. :-|

20 W instead of 30 W means 1.8 dB less .....a fraction of an S-point
Would be surprising if any rx would sense the difference.
Enjoy the use of that module ,Paul .

Has anybody tried lashing these little RF bricks up in push-pull?
I've got a handful of SAV-7's and it's always been an interesting
thought "exercise".

73
Jonesy

Paul Burridge August 8th 04 03:46 PM

On 8 Aug 2004 14:27:30 GMT, Allodoxaphobia
wrote:

Has anybody tried lashing these little RF bricks up in push-pull?
I've got a handful of SAV-7's and it's always been an interesting
thought "exercise".

Good point. I'd be interested, too.
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.

Steve Nosko August 9th 04 05:21 PM

Wilkerson

Change that "E" to an "I" and the "R" to an "N".

Thanks to Google...more than you need to know:
http://www.microwaves101.com/encyclo..._splitters.cfm

--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
k.net...
Has anybody tried lashing these little RF bricks up in push-pull?
I've got a handful of SAV-7's and it's always been an interesting
thought "exercise".

I have never tried but you may want to hook them up using a Wilkerson type
circuit. Feed them by using a 1/4 wave line on the input and output and a
100 ohm resistor . At 2 meters and up this should be easy to do.

Ralph Mowery August 10th 04 12:17 AM

Wilkerson

Change that "E" to an "I" and the "R" to an "N".

Thanks to Google...more than you need to know:
http://www.microwaves101.com/encyclo..._splitters.cfm

Thanks, I never did learn to spell. Too much other stuff to learn.

Paul Burridge August 10th 04 11:16 PM

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 10:54:34 -0500, "Steve Nosko"
wrote:

P.S. You get to a point where your brain actually _fills up_ and nothing
else will fit until something falls out!... Yea, that's the ticket!

Indeed. In the case of most people in the populous at large, the
one-seventh of the brain that *is* used is concentrating on Fox TV.
This feeds the other 6/7 with the neurotransmitter, dopamine, which
tells them not to worry: everything's fine.
--

"What is now proved was once only imagin'd." - William Blake, 1793.

Steve Nosko August 11th 04 09:38 PM

I never bought into that "only using one tenth" concept. It's a pretty
complex thing and I always thought that those who said that really didn't
understand what it is doing.