RadioBanter

-   -   2754P problem (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/23613-2754p-problem.html)

rfgelitronics September 30th 04 02:04 AM

2754P problem

Hello everybody:

I have a Tek 2754P in which the tuning/marker knob does not work at all. The
system passes the self test and I can change all the parameters using the
keypad.

Does anybody have any previous experience with this type of problems?

By the way, I have all the manuals and I am just waiting for the Service
manual vol 1 (vol 2 arrived first)

Thank you

John Miles October 1st 04 12:30 AM

In article ,
says...
Yes it is a very small incandescent lamp, about 1.5-2mm wide....I was
thinking about using a 0603 white LED, they are very bright.

Could be worth trying. I experimented (unsuccessfully) with a red LED.

You may also be able to just order a replacement encoder assembly from
Deane Kidd ). He will need a part # from the
service manual before he can help.

Also, you could try Tom Neumann at
www.tektrotom.de . Might be more
convenient if you're closer to the EU than the US.

-- john KE5FX

http://www.qsl.net/ke5fx
Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam