RadioBanter

-   -   Searching overtone Butler type xtal osc info (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/23656-searching-overtone-butler-type-xtal-osc-info.html)

J M Noeding October 17th 04 03:58 AM

Searching overtone Butler type xtal osc info

on the page http://home.online.no/~la8ak/d3.htm I've shown two
versions for the Butler oscillator, but the first is a later version
with diode limiters to improve the stability.

Believe I've seen an article or a note about using diode limiters for
the second type of Butler oscillator, but I am unable to trace the
document now

Any suggestions?

73
Jan-Martin
---
J. M. Noeding, LA8AK, N-4623 Kristiansand
http://home.online.no/~la8ak/c.htm

Harold E. Johnson October 17th 04 10:55 AM

Believe I've seen an article or a note about using diode limiters for
the second type of Butler oscillator, but I am unable to trace the
document now

Any suggestions?

Yes, as good as they come. And he explains why.

QEX, Nov/Dec 1999 Pg 11-17

W4ZCB