RadioBanter

-   -   Looking for 6MJ6 data. (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/23666-looking-6mj6-data.html)

Prune October 21st 04 09:15 AM

Looking for 6MJ6 data.

I can find datasheets for 6JM6 online, but not for 6MJ6. Anyone have any
info on this sweep tube?

Ray Anderson October 21st 04 04:53 PM

Prune wrote:
I can find datasheets for 6JM6 online, but not for 6MJ6. Anyone have any
info on this sweep tube?

Not exactly a formal datasheet, but see the following URL for an article
published in QST in Oct. 1974 that summarizes the then new 6MJ6
characteristics:

http://www.thermionic.org/sw6mj6.jpg

It provides info on input and output C, transconductance, max voltages,
currents, dissipation etc....

-Ray WB6TPU

Ken Scharf October 23rd 04 02:42 AM

Ray Anderson wrote:
Prune wrote:

I can find datasheets for 6JM6 online, but not for 6MJ6. Anyone have
any info on this sweep tube?

Not exactly a formal datasheet, but see the following URL for an article
published in QST in Oct. 1974 that summarizes the then new 6MJ6
characteristics:

http://www.thermionic.org/sw6mj6.jpg

It provides info on input and output C, transconductance, max voltages,
currents, dissipation etc....

-Ray WB6TPU

That tube must be as rare as hen's teeth. RCA stopped making
receiving tubes in 1975 or 1976 IIRC, and that was published in late
1974. So the tube was only made for 1 or 2 years at the most.
You'll NEVER see one in the flesh!

gudmundur October 23rd 04 05:41 AM

In article ,
says...

I can find datasheets for 6JM6 online, but not for 6MJ6. Anyone have any
info on this sweep tube?

I think it is pin for pin, and electrically compatible with the 6JS6C,
and was the preffered replacement to use in the Dentron GLA-1000.
If I remember correctly, the 6MJ6 has more plate dissapation, and is
just a bit more rugged overall than the 6JS6C.