RadioBanter

-   -   Where is the true spirit of amateur radio? (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/249331-where-true-spirit-amateur-radio.html)

Gareth's Downstairs Computer November 6th 17 07:43 PM

Where is the true spirit of amateur radio?

I aver that it remains the homebrewed CW-only
QRP TX, and the simple RX, no longer the blooper
but the DC RX, all implemented with as little
technology as possible.

Catweazel November 7th 17 10:53 AM

Where is the true spirit of amateur radio?

On 06/11/2017 18:43, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
I aver that it remains the homebrewedÂ* CW-only
QRP TX, and the simple RX, no longer the blooper
but the DC RX, all implemented with as little
technology as possible.

Here's a pointer for you:

http://makearadio.com/crystal/17.php

you're welcome, don't mention it.
--

---
http://www.avg.com

[email protected] November 7th 17 07:39 PM

In rec.radio.amateur.homebrew Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
I aver that it remains the homebrewed CW-only
QRP TX, and the simple RX, no longer the blooper
but the DC RX, all implemented with as little
technology as possible.

It depends on what you mean by "true spirit".

If you mean clinging to 100 year old technology, then you nailed it.

If you mean being on the edge of experimentation, then it is likely in
software defined radio and digital communications schemes.

--
Jim Pennino