Old March 12th 18, 02:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Separate RX aerial; what of the rigs?

I note that prospective purchasers of the Icom 7300 can
also purchase a conversion kit for a separate RX antenna,
but how many of the rigs around also have this facility,
perhaps as a standard option?

Based upon my readings of the past few days, it would
seem, borrowing a term from "1066 And All That",

to be A _GOOD_ _THING_ to have a lower noise separate
RX aerial.