RadioBanter

-   -   OT : Taking a long vacation (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/260733-ot-taking-long-vacation.html)

Brian Reay[_5_] July 22nd 18 04:04 PM

OT : Taking a long vacation

On 22/07/2018 15:30, Bernie wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 15:20:25 +0100
"FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI" wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in
message ...
J. Clarke explained :
Maybe his "vacation" is in the slammer and his "project" is
protecting the sanctity of his nether orifice.

Or maybe he has just taken the hint decided no one wants his
troublesome presence on ng's.

He's done this before many times. His disappearance will last a few
weeks if we're lucky.

Yes, I've always thought that was a particularly cruel trick; he posts
his valediction, gets everybody's hopes up, and then reappears within a
few days - terrible thing to do to people.

It is an attention seeking ploy. He's had more attention today from that
post than he's had for ages.

Just ignore him.

Harry Bloomfield July 22nd 18 08:25 PM

OT : Taking a long vacation

Brian Reay expressed precisely :
It is an attention seeking ploy. He's had more attention today from that post
than he's had for ages.

He craves attention and spends much of his waking life seeking it.

Just ignore him.

Quite right, if completely ignored, his posts unresponded to, he goes
away to play somewhere else.

Jimbo in Bracknell .... July 22nd 18 09:08 PM

OT : Taking a long vacation

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
Brian Reay expressed precisely :
It is an attention seeking ploy. He's had more attention today from that
post than he's had for ages.

He craves attention and spends much of his waking life seeking it.

Just ignore him.

Quite right, if completely ignored, his posts unresponded to, he goes away
to play somewhere else.

I'm ignoring the two coles bernie and fmf..........they have nothing of any
interest to say......but brian reay is so much fun with his mind games...tee
hee...sorry I haven't replied to your email about the watch but I am down
south and haven't set up my Tx email for o2 ...sorry but very
interesting.....

Dave Garland July 22nd 18 10:15 PM

OT : Taking a long vacation

On 7/22/2018 2:25 PM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Reay expressed precisely :
It is an attention seeking ploy. He's had more attention today from
that post than he's had for ages.

He craves attention and spends much of his waking life seeking it.

Just ignore him.

Quite right, if completely ignored, his posts unresponded to, he goes
away to play somewhere else.

So far, unlike Gareth, none of you lot has even attempted to
contribute to alt.folklore.computers. So it will be a relief to have
you go back to whatever festering nest you came from.

Harry Bloomfield July 22nd 18 10:21 PM

OT : Taking a long vacation

on 22/07/2018, Dave Garland supposed :
So far, unlike Gareth, none of you lot has even attempted to contribute to
alt.folklore.computers. So it will be a relief to have you go back to
whatever festering nest you came from.

You have him to thank for the cross posting. :oÞ

Jim[_22_] July 22nd 18 10:29 PM

OT : Taking a long vacation

On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 16:15:57 -0500
Dave Garland wrote:

On 7/22/2018 2:25 PM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Reay expressed precisely :
It is an attention seeking ploy. He's had more attention today
from that post than he's had for ages.

He craves attention and spends much of his waking life seeking it.

Just ignore him.

Quite right, if completely ignored, his posts unresponded to, he
goes away to play somewhere else.

So far, unlike Gareth, none of you lot has even attempted to
contribute to alt.folklore.computers. So it will be a relief to have
you go back to whatever festering nest you came from.

Pot/Kettle! You're doing nothing for rec.radio.amateur.homebrew, matey!

Jimbo in Bracknell .... July 22nd 18 10:43 PM

OT : Taking a long vacation

"Dave Garland" wrote in message
On 7/22/2018 2:25 PM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Reay expressed precisely :
It is an attention seeking ploy. He's had more attention today from that
post than he's had for ages.

He craves attention and spends much of his waking life seeking it.

Just ignore him.

Quite right, if completely ignored, his posts unresponded to, he goes
away to play somewhere else.

So far, unlike Gareth, none of you lot has even attempted to contribute to
alt.folklore.computers. So it will be a relief to have you go back to
whatever festering nest you came from.

ha ha well said ....

Dave Garland July 23rd 18 02:39 AM

OT : Taking a long vacation

[groups trimmed]

Dave Garland wrote:

So far, unlike Gareth, none of you lot has even attempted to
contribute to alt.folklore.computers. So it will be a relief to have
you go back to whatever festering nest you came from.

Pot/Kettle! You're doing nothing for rec.radio.amateur.homebrew, matey!

Apologies to r.r.a.h., I don't know who started the crossposting or
what group the twits were coming from, since I don't follow any of
them except a.f.c.

(Many years ago when I was a ham, my homebrew transmitter was logged
with a strong second or third harmonic half a continent away.)

Rambo July 23rd 18 05:13 PM

OT : Taking a long vacation

Brian Reay Wrote in message:
On 22/07/2018 15:30, Bernie wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jul 2018 15:20:25 +0100
"FranK Turner-Smith G3VKI" wrote:

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in
message ...
J. Clarke explained :
Maybe his "vacation" is in the slammer and his "project" is
protecting the sanctity of his nether orifice.

Or maybe he has just taken the hint decided no one wants his
troublesome presence on ng's.

He's done this before many times. His disappearance will last a few
weeks if we're lucky.

Yes, I've always thought that was a particularly cruel trick; he posts
his valediction, gets everybody's hopes up, and then reappears within a
few days - terrible thing to do to people.

It is an attention seeking ploy. He's had more attention today from that
post than he's had for ages.

Just ignore him.

Just like you do.... not!