RadioBanter

-   -   Problem_with_SB-220_RF_Keying (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/282567-problem_with_sb-220_rf_keying.html)

[email protected] January 4th 20 07:22 PM

Problem_with_SB-220_RF_Keying

I have just started using an SB-220 after some updates and mods and have a strange problem.
1. After tuning up in CW mode everything looks good.
2. When I first hit the key (one dash) I see some output but not full output.
3. When I hit a second dash directly following I get full output.
4. After a pause of a second or so it repeats (back to (2.)
It is not DC problem with the SB-220, since the idle current stays the same.
When this happens I also see a difference in the SB-220 plate current; so it seems like an input issue (affecting drive).
It is not a drive problem from my transceiver; its output is constant.
I checked and cleaned the relay and no difference.
Same problem on all bands.
So what other ideas does anyone have??

73, John, K9KA