RadioBanter

-   -   EZ WAY 2 CONVERT S-PARAMETERS TO SERIES EQUIVALENT???? (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/61884-ez-way-2-convert-s-parameters-series-equivalent.html)

[email protected] January 23rd 05 05:41 AM

EZ WAY 2 CONVERT S-PARAMETERS TO SERIES EQUIVALENT????

Hi,

I'm quite comfortable impedance matching to
large signal series equivalent impedances, when i
get them in data sheets. No problem, even when i
have to extrapolate a bit.

However, sometimes you only get scattering
parameters. So we could use this formula:

Z11=((1+s11)*(1-s22)+s12*s21)/((1-s11)
*(1-s22)-s12*s21)

Etcetera. But i don't wanna do vector
math all the time. And i also don't wanna
graph this gamma on the Smith chart by hand.

So i was wondering if there was a program
out there, that will do this calculation
for you?

Thanks in advance!

Dr. Slick