RadioBanter

-   -   detector diode conduction question (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/62486-detector-diode-conduction-question.html)

J February 2nd 05 07:05 AM

"Old Macdonald" wrote in message
I want to try to detect signal levels of 50mv to 200mv peak to peak.
I need a passive circuit with no amplifiers, and I will be feeding a
DVM with .01v resolution. The problem I am having is that a 1N34 will
not conduct very well at these low levels. Is there a more suitable
diode? Can you give me a part number, or a simple way to get just one
or two of these diodes? What the diode is looking at is a 50 ohm port
on a 30 to 60 mhz I.F. chassis.

You can use "Zero-bias schotky diodes" for detecting small signals, but

you
can also pass a small bias current through an ordinary diode to overcome

the
forward conduction voltage.

Zero Bias Shottky Detector Diodes (by Agilent)

HSMS-2850
HSMS-2852
HSMS-2862