RadioBanter

-   -   How to turn a radio into a time-bomb??? (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/72512-how-turn-radio-into-time-bomb.html)

Winnie Oakbob June 9th 05 06:58 AM

How to turn a radio into a time-bomb???

I'm an assassin and have to kill a mafia boss.I want to blow him up
with a radio bomb.

What do I need ?

-ex- June 9th 05 07:04 AM

Winnie Oakbob wrote:

I'm an assassin and have to kill a mafia boss.I want to blow him up
with a radio bomb.

What do I need ?

A selenium rectifier. Might not kill him when it finally fails but he
may shoot himself because of the stink.

-ex

Roy Lewallen June 9th 05 08:38 AM

The following was recently posted on another newsgroup in response to a
similar posting there by this same infantile idiot. It's worth reading.
You might have to reassemble this long URL if your browser breaks it up:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...e=source&hl=en

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

John Smith June 9th 05 02:57 PM

Winnie:

You need dynamite or nitroglycerin and a detonator.
Rip out all the insides from the radio and install the dynamite/nitro,
detonator and switch (for the first one the timer will be you)--go deep
into the desert where no will hear--holding the radio tightly--throw the
switch--if all is well and it is working, go build another one for
use... grin

Warmest regards,
John
om...

Dave Platt June 9th 05 07:21 PM

This posting is from a well-known troll, who delights in stirring up
the pot on USENET with outrageous and provocative postings. The
Newsgroups: header is the clue - the troll's posting runs are spread
across many newsgroups, but each run includes a single fairly-obscure
newsgroup, which the troll seems to use to collect and count

My recommendation: ignore such postings completely, and if you do
follow up, edit the Newsgroups: header down to the minimum (i.e.
remove the name of the newsgroup being used to collect the responses).

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

John Smith June 9th 05 07:35 PM

.... excellent suggestion... Roy was quit to be on target and call him
for what he is/was too...

Warmest regards,
John

Newsgroups: header is the clue - the troll's posting runs are spread
across many newsgroups, but each run includes a single fairly-obscure
newsgroup, which the troll seems to use to collect and count

My recommendation: ignore such postings completely, and if you do
follow up, edit the Newsgroups: header down to the minimum (i.e.
remove the name of the newsgroup being used to collect the responses).

--
Dave Platt
AE6EO
Hosting the Jade Warrior home page:
http://www.radagast.org/jade-warrior

[email protected] June 10th 05 12:00 AM

School is out for the summer!

Harry C.

Dr. Anton T. Squeegee June 10th 05 03:02 AM

In article ,
says...

I'm an assassin and have to kill a mafia boss.I want to blow him up
with a radio bomb.

What do I need ?

Professional psychiatric help.

*PLONK!*

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm --
www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"

Mike Silva June 10th 05 04:41 AM

Sounds like you need a radio bomb.

Michael Black June 10th 05 04:45 AM

Roy Lewallen ) writes:
The following was recently posted on another newsgroup in response to a
similar posting there by this same infantile idiot. It's worth reading.
You might have to reassemble this long URL if your browser breaks it up:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...e=source&hl=en

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

I didn't bother following the link, but the original message
was posted to three completely unrelated newsgroups, the other
two pretty obscure. So I'd say the point wasn't the question, but
to get responses into one or both of those other newsgroups. I gather
some see it as a game, and if you don't get responses in the specified
newsgroup, you don't win points.

So anyone who replied without deleting the other newsgroups was playing
into the hands of the original poster. Those who didn't, like you Roy,
well the poster doesn't care and likely won't see it.

The poster isn't interested in making a bomb, he's interested in
getting responses. The whole deal is to make the post seem almost
but not quite on topic to a newsgroup, so people will fall for it and
reply.

Michael VE2BVW

John Smith June 10th 05 06:12 AM

.... yep, he is phishing for "paranoids", these guys are the ones tying
up the polices phonelines with calls they inspire from old women
thinking a burglar is hiding beneath their beds... they think it
funny... at least, that is my best guess...

Warmest regards,
John

Peter Wieck June 10th 05 05:11 PM

-ex- wrote:
Winnie Oakbob wrote:

I'm an assassin and have to kill a mafia boss.I want to blow him up
with a radio bomb.

What do I need ?

A selenium rectifier. Might not kill him when it finally fails but he
may shoot himself because of the stink.

-ex

Or, simply turn it on to any given AM "Music" station.... No need for
anything else.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote PA

John Smith June 10th 05 06:49 PM

Anyone got any recordings of Wayne Green when he did the Art Bell shows?
Swap the radio for a tape recorder have him listen to a couple of those
shows--it will reduce him to life in a mental asylum. Much kinder than
termination by extreme prejudice....

John

"Peter Wieck" wrote in message
ups.com...

Jeff June 10th 05 10:50 PM

It might kill him if he touches the radio chassis when the rectifier
fails. The stink is from the gas seleniums give off when they short.
Since the rectifier is in the power supply (across the AC line) and has
the full line voltage across it as long as the line cord is plugged in
(whether or not the radio is on), if it shorts it will likely put the
chassis at line potential (until the fuse blows). Another way the guy
could do himself in in a big hurry would be to touch the chassis of an
AC/DC radio and a grounded surface, such as a radiator, both at the
same time. Just a couple of thoughts.

-ex- June 10th 05 11:25 PM

Jeff wrote:

It might kill him if he touches the radio chassis when the rectifier
fails. The stink is from the gas seleniums give off when they short.
Since the rectifier is in the power supply (across the AC line) and has
the full line voltage across it as long as the line cord is plugged in
(whether or not the radio is on), if it shorts it will likely put the
chassis at line potential (until the fuse blows). Another way the guy
could do himself in in a big hurry would be to touch the chassis of an
AC/DC radio and a grounded surface, such as a radiator, both at the
same time. Just a couple of thoughts.

Adding a label that says "Do Not Use When Dry - Use Only in the Shower"
might be helpful since we are so warning label conscious these days.

-ex

Steven Dinius June 10th 05 11:34 PM

Put a Marantz/Superscope sticker on it. Trying to figure out why it's broken
will speed a coronary.

Brenda Ann June 10th 05 11:51 PM

"Jeff" wrote in message
ups.com...
It might kill him if he touches the radio chassis when the rectifier
fails. The stink is from the gas seleniums give off when they short.
Since the rectifier is in the power supply (across the AC line) and has
the full line voltage across it as long as the line cord is plugged in
(whether or not the radio is on), if it shorts it will likely put the
chassis at line potential (until the fuse blows). Another way the guy
could do himself in in a big hurry would be to touch the chassis of an
AC/DC radio and a grounded surface, such as a radiator, both at the
same time. Just a couple of thoughts.

I've never seen a radio where the rectifier is across the AC line. Half
wave rectifiers are in series with one side of the AC line with the cathode
feeding into the B+ line (thereby isolating that side of the rectifier from
the other side of the AC line by the tubes and electrolytic capacitors). Now
then, if a bypass or electrolytic were to short out completely, that would
put the AC line across the rectifier. At any rate, I've never seen a
rectifier that was energized whether the switch was on or not (save some of
the cheap SS stuff where they keep the PS live and switch the radio out of
circuit).

k1man June 11th 05 04:28 AM

Get an old shortwave radio
and tune it to K1MAN broadcasts.

That will do him in.

Reg Edwards June 12th 05 04:34 AM

Try poison. It's quieter.

Gudmundur June 29th 05 06:54 AM

In article ,
says...

I'm an assassin and have to kill a mafia boss.I want to blow him up
with a radio bomb.

What do I need ?

Better bait, and a more powerful trolling motor.

-ex- June 29th 05 08:24 AM

Gudmundur wrote:

In article ,
says...

I'm an assassin and have to kill a mafia boss.I want to blow him up
with a radio bomb.

What do I need ?

Better bait, and a more powerful trolling motor.

Hey, doubtful he's still taking in comments on a month old de-trolled
post that has been nixxed by every usenet server in the
universe...except yours.

You could have probably gotten a place of presence on his Website, maybe
a photo?. No wait...that was also wacked a month ago. You weren't
quick enough. Dammit.

Don't respond to trolls unless you can do it with good comedy within 24
hours....unless you are like me and will reply to anything.

-Bill

Michael A. Terrell June 29th 05 06:00 PM

-ex- wrote:

Don't respond to trolls unless you can do it with good comedy within 24
hours....unless you are like me and will reply to anything.

-Bill

Or anybody! ;-)

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

sean July 10th 05 04:22 AM

Dude, You Really, Really Need To Get Serious HELP!

Accept the following :

Then only you can choose to accept the following.

Only You can choose whether or not to be an assassin.
Only You can choose to not HAVE to kill.
You only choose to think to kill.
No one else chooses for you.

You have a choice.

You do not need to use a radio as a time-bomb!

You only choose to think that you really need to use radio for a time bomb.

So, your life as only you can choose it, means what?
(rhetorical)

sean July 13th 05 09:29 AM

I'm not talking to them.

I'm talking to the one who posted this topic.

Now, You can tell those whatever forces if you'd like.

Why do you want someone to do what you should do yourself?