RadioBanter

-   -   ch3 video to uhf upconversion (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/72689-ch3-video-uhf-upconversion.html)

Gudmundur June 30th 05 12:25 AM

In article ,
says...

Gudmundur wrote:
There are a number of video cards with a NTSC video output in the
S-video format. I still have a couple I used in old PCs to drive a
Commodore 1701 monitor to trick people. My Commodore 128 was connected
to an IBM PC Junior monitor in CGA mode. The look on people's faces was
worth the effort.

Come to think of it, yes, my ATI all-in-wonder card can do that.
It has the S-video jack. One of my oldies but moldies was Genius Video
from Kye. It plugged into the auxilliary connector of the SVGA card
and allowed an NTSC compatible capture, with NTSC in/out RCA connectors.

It has been so long since I have used them I totally forgot!

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida