RadioBanter

-   -   Data acquisition with Tektronix 492 ? (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/73723-data-acquisition-tektronix-492-a.html)

La Crevette June 30th 05 07:14 AM

Data acquisition with Tektronix 492 ?

Hi,
it is possible to use the J104 accessory connector of my Tektronix 492, for
data acquisition on a PC or Printer ?
Thanks Alain

John Miles June 30th 05 08:05 AM

In article ,
says...
Hi,
it is possible to use the J104 accessory connector of my Tektronix 492, for
data acquisition on a PC or Printer ?
Thanks Alain

No; that connector is useful only for hookup of a factory test rig.
Someone was selling an outboard CPU module on eBay a few months ago that
had a GPIB port; it went for big bucks, and it was the only one I've
seen in probably 7-8 years of watching the market.

You will need to trade up to a P-suffix model for any type of data
acquisition or digital plotting.

-- jm

http://www.qsl.net/ke5fx
Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam

La Crevette June 30th 05 09:14 AM

Hi,
Ok thank you for your information. Unfortunately, I do not have the GPIB
port on my 492 (I do not have the suffix "P")
Cordially Alain

news: ...

Rob Wentworth January 2nd 11 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La Crevette (Post 306929)
Hi,
it is possible to use the J104 accessory connector of my Tektronix 492, for
data acquisition on a PC or Printer ?
Thanks Alain

Tektronix 492 USB Interface

http://www.circuitben.net/node/4

This project adds USB connectivity to the Tek 492 without GPIB. It can download a full sweep in about 200ms. It can't read any configuration from the instrument, so it's not a real replacement for GPIB, but it would be possible to emulate the control code and duplicate the front panel controls on the computer.