RadioBanter

-   -   schematicxdiode-capacitance (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/96336-schematicxdiode-capacitance.html)

mocio_Vileda June 11th 06 01:04 PM

schematicxdiode-capacitance

I need a capacitance meter scheme to test just varicap and several diodes
,
has anyone link(s)?

Dave Platt June 11th 06 07:31 PM

schematicxdiode-capacitance

In article ,
mocio_Vileda wrote:
I need a capacitance meter scheme to test just varicap and several diodes
,
has anyone link(s)?

Check out the AADE meter (www.aade.com) - it's the least expensive
decently-accurate meter system I know of. I understand it's a kitted
version of a project described in an electronics or radio magazine a
few years ago (I don't know where the article appeared). A complete
schematic is in the manual, which can be downloaded from AADE's site.
The kit is (in my opinion) extremely well thought out; the meter I
built went together in about an hour, worked first time, and behaves
just as AADE says it should. *Very* nicely done.

The little-or-no-extra-equipment approach would be to wire up your
varicap arrangement in an oscillator circuit, resonating against a
well-known inductance, and measured with a frequency counter or
oscilloscope. Getting good accuracy in the face of all of the unknown
parasitic reactances of such a circuit is going to be a huge headache,
though.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO