RadioBanter

-   Info (https://www.radiobanter.com/info/)
-   -   RadioInsight for Tuesday 23 February 2016 (https://www.radiobanter.com/info/225558-radioinsight-tuesday-23-february-2016-a.html)

RadioInsight via rec.radio.broadcasting Admin February 24th 16 12:09 AM

RadioInsight for Tuesday 23 February 2016

RadioInsight

Daily Domains 2/23: Increased CHR Battle Coming To Montgomery?

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...to-montgomery/

Another full-powered CHR coming to Montgomery, Radio-One sells a domain to
Entercom, and another Answer for Salem.

Alpha To Close On Digity Purchase Tonight

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...chase-tonight/

As first reported this morning by Tom Taylor Now, Alpha Media will close on
its $264 million purchase of Digity Media and its 116 stations at midnight
tonight. Digity employees in multiple markets were informed this morning
that a mandatory conference call for all employees will take place at
1:00pm eastern on Wednesday going over going over the basics like changes
to payroll, benefits and e-mail with the ownership transition. The deal
adds 26 new markets to Alpha from San Jose and West Palm Beach on the
larger side to Luverne MN and Waynesville MO on the smaller end. Digity was
built through the consolidation of the former NextMedia and Three Eagles
groups and the former CBS West Palm Beach cluster with the existing
GoodRadio.TV. The entire list of stations joining Alpha can be seen here.

Capitol To Launch Third Raleigh Sports Talker

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...sports-talker/

Capitol Broadcasting Company will launch a third Sports station in its
Raleigh cluster on Monday, February 29. 1550 WCLY Raleigh will flip from
Spanish Sports ESPN Deportes 1550 to a mix of programming from CBS Sports
Radio, Fox Sports Radio and ESPN Radio branded as 1550 The Ticket taking
over the branding utilized by 99.9 WCMC-HD3. The Tickets lineup will
feature CBS Gio Jones from 6-9am, Fox Sports Dan Patrick from 9am-12pm,
Jim Rome 12-3pm, and ESPNs Ryen Rusillo Danny Kanell from 3-6pm on a two
hour delay. Capitol currently operates 99.9 The Fan WCMC-FM and The Buzz
620 WDNC/96.5 W243DK/99.3 W257CS with Sports programming in addition to
WCLY. The current ESPN Deportes programming will continue to be made
available on WCMC-HD4

Seven Mountains Media Revamps Four In Susquehanna Valley

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ehanna-valley/

Seven Mountains Media has made changes to its four recent acquisitions in
North Central Pennsylvania. Country simulcast B98.3 98.3 WWBE
Mifflinburg/100.5 WYGL Elizabethville and Hot AC Y106.5 WFYY Bloomsburg
have formed a second Bigfoot Country trimulcast. WWBE afternoon host Kyle
Alexander and morning co-host Shelly Marx will host mornings. Betti The
Yeti joins for middays, while former WWBE midday host Todd Steward moves to
afternoons as The Harry Man. Mikey Manimal will host 7-9pm followed by the
syndicated Taste of Country Nights. The three stations do not share
programming with Seven Mountains Medias previously existing Bigfoot Country
trimulcast that debuted last fall just to the west. Sports ESPN 92.3
WVSL-FM Riverside is now Classic Hits Hanna 92.3. The airstaff will include
Tom Morgan in mornings, Monica Rae in middays, Mark Roberts in afternoons,
and Lee Travis in nights. All but Roberts move over from 106.5 WFYY, while
Roberts moves from mornings at WWBE/WYGL. Each station has taken new call
letters with the moves. WVSL-FM is now WHNA to match the Hanna branding.
WWBE becomes WRBG, WYGL to WQBG, and WFYY to WCFT-FM for the new Bigfoot
brand. Seven Mountains Media purchased the four stations last August for
$3.8 million.

KKFN Denver Adds Brandon Stokely To Middays

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...ly-to-middays/

Bonneville Sports 104.3 The Fan KKFN Denver has hired former NFL wide
receiver Brandon Stokely to join incumbent Sandy Clough for their 12pm-3pm
show. Stokely, who played fifteen years in the NFL from 1999-2014 with the
Baltimore Ravens, Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos, replaces Scott
Hastings who exited last December. “Sandy and Stokley” will debut on
Monday, February 29. Sports Radio 104.3 The Fan (KKFN-FM) announced today
the signing of free agent Brandon Stokley who will be joining Sandy Clough
to host “Sandy and Stokley”, weekdays from 12-3pm on Sports Radio 104.3 The
Fan, beginning Monday, February 29th, 2016. “I’m really excited about this
opportunity,” Stokley said. “Working in radio has always been an interest
and now I get to work with the best, at the Fan.” “We’re thrilled to
welcome Brandon as part of our championship team at 104.3 The Fan,” said
Williams. “His passion and over-the-top knowledge of the Broncos and the
NFL game will carry over will carry over daily during the show. Teaming
Brandon with Sandy, who has had over 35 years of Denver sports radio
experience, will create a major impact in the middle of the day.” A 15-year
NFL veteran and two-time Super Bowl Champion, Stokley was originally
drafted in the fourth round by the Baltimore Ravens in 1999. His career
extended over five different teams, including two different occasions with
the Broncos, Colts and Ravens. Stokley was paired up with Peyton Manning as
his quarterback in both Indianapolis and Denver.

Ingstad Family To Split Three More Fargo Stations

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...argo-stations/

The various members of the Ingstad family are continuing to purchase
stations around Fargo with the purchase of three stations from Dakota
Broadcasting. Brooke Ingstads Radio Wahpeton Breckenridge will acquire
Classic Hits 106.9 The Eagle KEGK Wahpeton ND from Dakota Broadcasting for
$600,000. Brooke is in the process of acquiring Country 1450 KBMW
Breckenridge from her father James Ingstads Radio Fargo-Moorhead and
Classic Hits 92.7 The Drive KZDR Kindred ND from her cousin Robert Ingstad
III and moving it out of the Fargo market to Breckenridge MN. Robert
Ingstad will partner with his siblings Tallie Colville, Tami Ingstad
Knudson, and Todd Ingstad to purchase Dakotas Farm 890 KQLX and Country
Thunder 106.1 KQLX-FM Lisbon ND for $1 million under the name I3G Radio.
James Ingstads Radio Fargo-Moorhead owns five stations and two HD fed
translators in the Fargo market. Outside of Midwest Communications four
FMs, members of the Ingstad family will own every commercial FM in the
Fargo market. Other members of the Ingstad family own stations throughout
the northern tier of the country.

Marco Orem & Jeetz Reder Take Mornings At X107.5 Las Vegas

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...7-5-las-vegas/

CBS Alternative X107.5 KXTE Pahrump/Las Vegas has filled its morning show
vacancy with the addition of Marco Orem and Joe Jeetz Reder. Marco Jeetz
debuted this morning with Ransom Garcia serving as third mic and producer.
Marco Orem most recently hosted afternoons at CHR 107.3 WRQX Washington DC
before its flip back to Hot AC Mix in November. He has also worked in
Nashville, Indianapos, and Atlanta. Jeetz was most recently morning co-host
and producer at Entercom Rhythmic Hot AC Hot 103.7 KHTP Seattle. He has
also worked at Rock 99.9 KISW Seattle and 94.7 KZND Anchorage. The new show
fills the vacancy created when Dave, Mahoney DK moved to sister Hot AC Mix
96.5 KHMX Houston last summer. KXTE X107.5 today announced the launch of
their new local morning show, “Marco Jeetz.” Effective immediately, the
program airs weekdays from 6:00 AM – 10:00 AM and can be heard on-air,
online at www.x1075lasvegas.com, and through the Radio.com mobile app. “We
are very excited for the debut of ‘Marco Jeetz,’” said CBS RADIO Las Vegas
Operations Manager, JB King. “After an exhaustive search all across the
country to find the right personalities for our new morning show, we
believe that ‘Marco Jeetz’ are exactly what the X107.5 listeners have been
asking for.” Creating entertaining content for our listeners is what our
brand represents,” said Marco and Jeetz. “We are thrilled to team our
passion with X107.5 in Las Vegas. The morning show duo are joined by
current X107.5 on-air personality, Ransom, who will also serve as the
show’s producer. Marco Orem’s radio career has included stops in Nashville,
Indianapolis, Atlanta and most recently Washington, D.C. where he was the
afternoon host for WRQX. He is responsible for the extremely successful,
#IhidTheCash, a social media campaign that garnered him national
recognition. Joe “Jeetz” Reder cut his teeth in radio at the legendary
active rock station, 99.9 KISW THE Rock of Seattle. He also had stops at
KZND in Anchorage and most recently KHTP in Seattle where he was the
morning show co-host and show producer. KXTE X107.5’S full weekday lineup
features: Marco Jeetz 6:00 AM – 10:00 AM MJ 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM Chris
Jackson 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM Pauly 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM

Brooke & Jubal Expand To Energy 94.1 San Antonio

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...1-san-antonio/

Movin 92.5 KQMV Seattle based syndicated morning hosts Brooke Jubal have
expanded to a third market. Also heard on Alpha Medias Live 95.5 KBFF
Portland, the show will join Alpha Rhythmic CHR Energy 94.1 KTFM
Floresville/San Antonio starting Tuesday, March 1. The show replaces
Blondie and Nugget who exited earlier this month when Nugget Johnson moved
to Flinn CHR Q107.5 WHBQ-FM Memphis. Alpha Media, San Antonio signs Brooke
Jubal show to Mornings starting March 1st. The Brooke Jubal show
originates from Hubbard’s KQMV. Alpha Media VP of Programming, Phil Becker
commented on the announcement, “Brooke Jubal’s success in Portland has
been a game changer for KBFF and I am very confident that the same thing
will happen as they join KTFM. I’m excited to watch the competitive
landscape change in San Antonio as Brooke Jubal continue their growth with
Alpha Media.” “I’d like to think of Brooke Jubal in the Morning as the
hardest working morning show in radio and we can’t wait to take on this
next challenge. I’m thrilled to bring the success we’ve had in Seattle and
Portland to San Antonio. I can’t thank Alpha Media enough for another great
opportunity,” remarked Jubal. “The fastest way to even the competitive
landscape is to fight good content with even better content. Brooke
Jubal’s stellar ratings record can be directly attributed to their ability
to connect and make people laugh with top notch content. It’s a great
addition to our recently revamped Energy 94.1 team and I can’t wait to get
them on the air,” added Energy 94.1 Program Director, Pat Cerullo. Jubal
Flagg is a standup comedian, radio host, television personality and comedy
writer. Known for his quick wit and keen and often strange observations,
Jubal has been entertaining audiences on-stage and on the radio for over 10
years. Jubal currently hosts “Brooke Jubal in the Morning” and can be seen
throughout the country as a regular on FOX TV’s Dish Nation. Jubal also
writes and produces comedy bits and daily topical jokes that are used by
radio stations nationwide. In other words; he loves the craft of comedy so
much that he even writes jokes for his “competition”. The son of two
ministers, Jubal attributes his quirky sense of humor to, well, growing up
with the name Jubal. Brooke has worked in morning radio for over 12 years
and has hosted Top 40 radio’s first all female morning drive show and has
most recently found her radio match with Jubal Flagg. Brooke and the crew
can also be seen on FOX TV’s “Dish Nation”, a nationally syndicated
entertainment news program. In addition, she is humbled to serve as a
spokesperson for the Komen Foundation and the American Heart Association.
Jose is known for his crazy stunts, and high energy. He has an arsenal of
impressions and characters and has a very unique laugh and positive
attitude. Eventually, he crossed paths with Jubal Flagg. Jose opened a few
comedy shows for Jubal and quickly developed a friendship. Once a position
came open on the radio show, Jubal asked Jose if he wanted to audition, and
Jose has been on the show ever since! He now travels the country doing
comedy. Jose says, “When your dreams start coming true, no one can bring
you down!! Except Jubal”

Jenn Hobby To Join Jeff Dauler On Star 94 Atlanta Mornings

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...anta-mornings/

The most expected move in Atlanta radio will take place tomorrow morning as
Jenn Hobby joins Jeff Dauler on Entercom Hot AC Star 94 WSTR to announce
the start date for their new morning show. Both Dauler and Hobby worked
together on the syndicated Bert Show based at Cumulus Q100 WWWQ from 2002
to 2012. Hobby then moved to middays at Cumulus Country Kicks 101.5 WKHX
before exiting late last year. Dauler announced his departure from the Bert
Show in November to join WSTR. That move led to quick animosity between the
Bert Show and Dauler as they registered numerous domains connected to
Dauler and Hobby. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Hobbys
non-compete with Cumulus expired on February 15 and negotiations started
shortly thereafter. Entercom Atlanta announced today that it is reuniting
Jenn Hobby and Jeff Dauler on Star 94.1. Jeff and Jenn will be joined by
Mike Marino and will deliver great content, a fun, upbeat presentation and
a true connection to the Atlanta community. Hobby has worked on multiple
Atlanta radio stations since 2000 including WBTS-FM, WWWQ-FM, where she and
Dauler worked together as co-hosts on “The Bert Show,” and most recently
WKHX-FM. She has won a “Gracie” award for her work in radio and an Emmy for
her work in TV at Georgia Public Broadcasting. Hobby is a graduate of
Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida, and also serves as a host
for “Atlanta Eats TV” on WPCH-TV and “Falcons Playback” on CW affiliate
WUPA-TV during football season. “Jenn is uniquely talented and perfect for
our audience,” said Mike Fowler, Vice President / General Manager of
Entercom Atlanta. “Im thrilled to reunite Jenn Hobby and Jeff Dauler on
Star 94.1.” “As we talked to people about what they wanted in a morning
show, two names kept coming up again and again, and those names were Jeff
Dauler and Jenn Hobby,” said Tony Lorino, Program Director of STAR 94.1.
“We cannot wait to begin building the next generation of this historic
radio station with Jeff and Jenn anchoring our fantastic slate of
personalities.” Hobby commented, “I’m honored to join Entercom and Star
94.1, an organization committed to making the best local radio in Atlanta.
I’m BEYOND excited to have this opportunity with one of my best friends,
Jeff Dauler, and I’m most thankful that I get to reconnect with the awesome
listeners of Atlanta. I’ve missed our time together each morning.” Jeff
Dauler added, “I am so excited to be reunited in a radio studio with Jenn.
Some of my favorite memories personal and professional involve her, and I
cant wait to add to that library. Being able to launch a show with her is
literally a dream come true. The STAR 94’s Lineup includes: 5:30-10am The
Jeff and Jenn Show with Jeff Dauler, Jenn Hobby, and Mike Marino 10am-3pm
Heather Branch 3-7pm Drex, Cassiday, and Tingle, with producer J.P. Allen
7-Midnight Andrew Hart Original Report 2/1: After announcing his decision
to leave Cumulus Medias Q100 WWWQ Atlantas based syndicated Bert Show to
join Entercom Hot AC Star 94 WSTR, Jeff Dauler will debut his new morning
show in March. Dauler will be joined by current WSTR afternoon host Mike
Marino and a female co-host to be named later. The current morning show
hosted by Drex, Cassiday and Tingle will move into the 3-7pm afternoon
slot. Entercom Atlanta announced today exciting programming changes at STAR
94 / WSTR-FM. Longtime Atlanta radio personality and stand-up comedian Jeff
Dauler will launch a new morning show on the station, effective this March.
STAR 94 will begin a nationwide search in February to find a co-host.
Current afternoon host Mike Marino will be joining the morning show. STAR
94’s current morning show, Drex, Cassiday and Tingle, with move to
afternoons. “STAR 94 is not just a radio station, it’s a beacon for pop
culture and entertainment in Atlanta,” commented Program Director Tony
Lorino, “For many years, this station had both successful morning and
afternoon drive time shows, and we’re excited to bring that level of
entertainment back to our brand.” Dauler remarks, “While Ive enjoyed
sleeping in for a few months Im ready to start waking up early and
entertaining Atlanta again. The countdown is officially on. I cannot wait
to start collaborating with the very talented crew at Star to make this
station the best in Atlanta.” Entercom Atlanta VP / Market Manager Mike
Fowler added, “We are taking STAR 94 to the next level by investing in
great talent and live and local content. I am thrilled to bring Jeff’s
smart and creative style to mornings and I think our new lineup will
provide the best in radio programming in Atlanta.” STAR 94’s Lineup
includes: 5:30-10am Jeff Dauler Show with Mike Marino 10am-3pm Heather