RadioBanter

-   Moderated (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/)
-   -   10 meters Activity (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/170622-10-meters-activity.html)

JDP May 11th 07 04:15 AM

10 meters Activity

Not since the ARRL Contest this year have a heard one signal and then it was
just a few from 6 & 7 land and few from South America. Is anyone hearing
anything on 10 meters or is everyone just not QRV?

73's
K4JDP

BNB Sound May 11th 07 05:15 AM

10 meters Activity

On May 10, 11:15 pm, "JDP" wrote:
Not since the ARRL Contest this year have a heard one signal and then it was
just a few from 6 & 7 land and few from South America. Is anyone hearing
anything on 10 meters or is everyone just not QRV?

73's
K4JDP

We're at the absolute bottom of the trough for the solar minimum
lately. Several weeks went by recently with hardly a single sunspot. I
read an article recently on the ARRL site that said on contest days,
hams are injecting enough energy into the ionosphere to get some
propagation going. You're likely going to have to wait a little longer
for natural openings on 10 meters, or just be standing by on the next
big contest day.

73
Jon
KC2PNF

Dee Flint May 11th 07 11:24 AM

10 meters Activity

"JDP" wrote in message
Not since the ARRL Contest this year have a heard one signal and then it
was just a few from 6 & 7 land and few from South America. Is anyone
hearing anything on 10 meters or is everyone just not QRV?

73's
K4JDP

There's been some activity the last couple of evenings my OM tells me.
Probably some sporadic E propagation. I heard it Wednesday but last night I
was teaching a class.

Dee, N8UZE

an old freind May 11th 07 12:22 PM

10 meters Activity

On May 10, 11:15 pm, "JDP" wrote:
Not since the ARRL Contest this year have a heard one signal and then it was
just a few from 6 & 7 land and few from South America. Is anyone hearing
anything on 10 meters or is everyone just not QRV?

73's
K4JDP

couple was hearing Centrral america but got stomped on trying to call
it by station with more and more southernly locatioon but I heard
quitely at times

I don't spend much time on 10 right now due to the sunsptots mostly
hang out with some loca freind and keep an eye on the DX cluster

kc5fm May 12th 07 12:51 AM

10 meters Activity

On May 11, 6:22 am, an old freind wrote:

I don't spend much time on 10 right now due to the sunsptots mostly
hang out with some loca freind and keep an eye on the DX cluster

Check the DX cluster. Sunspots may be down but 10 is really open.
http://www.dxwatch.com/dxsd1.php?f=717

I am working stations around the Nation, mostly 3, 4, 8, 9 land, well
into the evening hours. Check the 10-10 web site for local nets and
check in. Listen for me on 29.6 FM or 28.385 QRP calling channel.

73

Lloyd Colston, KC5FM
Trustee for WX5EM (http://wx5em.us)
http://www.navymars.org MARS Station