RadioBanter

-   Moderated (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/)
-   -   QRP and QRPp question (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/170810-qrp-qrpp-question.html)

Jack VK2CJC August 29th 07 08:23 PM

QRP and QRPp question

Hi all.

I've just decided to give QRP operation a serious go. I've bought myself a
Oak Hills Research 100A 80m CW kit transceiver to get me started.

But my question is-

I have always believed that to qualify as QRP, the power level must be below
5 watts on CW, FM or PSK. And below 10 watts PEP on SSB.
AND.... that to qualify as QRPp, the power has to be below 1 watt on any
mode.

Is this correct?

Thanks for reading
--
Jack VK2CJC / MM0AXL
Mid North Coast Amateur Radio Group

The Shadow[_2_] August 29th 07 09:04 PM

QRP and QRPp question

"Jack VK2CJC" wrote in message
Hi all.

I've just decided to give QRP operation a serious go. I've bought myself a
Oak Hills Research 100A 80m CW kit transceiver to get me started.

But my question is-

I have always believed that to qualify as QRP, the power level must be
below 5 watts on CW, FM or PSK. And below 10 watts PEP on SSB.
AND.... that to qualify as QRPp, the power has to be below 1 watt on any
mode.

Is this correct?

Thanks for reading
--
Jack VK2CJC / MM0AXL
Mid North Coast Amateur Radio Group
www.mncarg.org

Jack -- see Wikipedia URL;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QRP_operation

ARRL Sez
http://www.arrl.org/awards/dxcc/qrp/

FOR QRPp
http://www.rogerwendell.com/qrpaward.html

Lamont

Rick (W-A-one-R-K-T) August 30th 07 11:51 PM

QRP and QRPp question

Note that there was a time when anything under 100 watts was considered
QRP.

Jack VK2CJC August 31st 07 09:56 PM

QRP and QRPp question

Note that there was a time when anything under 100 watts was considered
QRP.

A when valves were king, receivers were useless and operators were real
operators :o)

Makes you wonder what technology we will be using in another 100 years
though.....