RadioBanter

-   Moderated (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/)
-   -   When was 33cm allocated to hams? (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/171092-when-33cm-allocated-hams.html)

Bill Horne[_4_] October 1st 08 06:05 PM

When was 33cm allocated to hams?

I was having an eyeball qso with another ham last night, and he
mentioned using 33cm (902-928 MHz). I made the mistake of admitting that
I didn't know we had an allocation between 70 cm and 23 cm.

Since I don't like not knowing these things, I'll ask some questions:

* When was 33cm allocated to hams?
* What commercial equipment is available?
* What homebrew designs are available?
* Where is activity centered?
* What modes are most common on the band?

TIA.

Bill, W1AC

--
Bill Horne

(Remove QRM from my address for direct replies.)