Old August 4th 11, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [ADMIN] Seeking Test Submissions to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Posting from Panix.com (ISP and NSP) in New York City via a Unix shell
news reader (nn).

--
rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin

Old August 4th 11, 05:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Old August 4th 11, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Thu, 4 Aug 2011 06:13:55 EDT, rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin
wrote:

It has been brought to our attention that one or more major News Service
Providers (NSP's) may have their servers misconfigured, and may not be
directing posts to rec.radio.amateur.moderated to its moderation team.
At least one of these NSP's is a re-seller of private-label news service
to many ISP's, so this may have led to a widespread "outage" of posting
access to rec.radio.amateur.moderated.

Pahrump, NV USA
ISP: Air-Internet.com
NSP: Giganews.com

Dick Grady, AC7EL

Old August 4th 11, 09:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Schuylerville, NY, USA
ISP: Verizon.net
NSP: eternal-september.org
Howard N7SO

- Include your geographic location (city/state/country), your ISP and
NSP (which possibly are the same), and at least your first name and
amateur radio callsign (if you have a callsign).

Old August 5th 11, 02:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Chris Jewell writes:

Gualala CA USA, 95445
ISP is MCN.ORG (a local provider in Mendocino County)
NSP is supernews.com

73 DE KW6H, Chris

And it come through promptly.

--
Chris Jewell

Old August 5th 11, 04:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Location = Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon
ISP = Comcast
NSP = Announcetech.com
Mailhost = Networksolutions.com

Phil Kane - K2ASP (since 1952)

Old August 8th 11, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On 8/6/2011 20 07, Paul W. Schleck wrote:
Dave,

Can I ask a favor of you to participate in our newsgroup's propagation
test described below, if you haven't done so already? You may have to
just send us your article via E-mail to
. If that doesn't work, then
Frontiernet has some serious propagation and/or configuration problems.

73, Paul, K3FU

novia.net!newscene!newscene.com!novia!news-out.readnews.com!news-xxxfer.readnews.com!postnews.google.com!news1.goog le.com!newsfeed2.dallas1.level3.net!news.level3.co m!panix!rram.panix.com!robomod!not-for-mail
From: rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 06:13:55 EDT

10:13:56 GMT)

http://www.panix.com/~rram/gpg.html

with this article.

information.

references.

Consulting

available

rec.radio.amateur.misc:340470

It has been brought to our attention that one or more major News Service
Providers (NSP's) may have their servers misconfigured, and may not be
directing posts to rec.radio.amateur.moderated to its moderation team.
At least one of these NSP's is a re-seller of private-label news service
to many ISP's, so this may have led to a widespread "outage" of posting
access to rec.radio.amateur.moderated.

Over the next week (though next Wednesday, August 10th), we are
soliciting test articles which we will approve for our newsgroup on a
temporary basis. Normally, we do not approve test messages, but are
interested in testing propagation, audience, and submitter connectivity
at this time, hopefully to try to identify the source(s) of the outage,
so that we can contact the affected NSP's to request an appropriate fix.
This thread will be closed, and further followups automatically
rejected, starting Thursday, August 11th.

Please send such test messages according to the following guidelines:

- Post your test message as a followup to this article, and with the
same Subject (optionally with a " " at the start). You may
optionally quote the text of this article, or not.

- Include your geographic location (city/state/country), your ISP and
NSP (which possibly are the same), and at least your first name and
amateur radio callsign (if you have a callsign).

Cameron, WV USA
Frontiernet.net
Dave Heil K8MN

via usenet post

From: rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Newsgroups: rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc
Subject: [ADMIN] Seeking Test Submissions to

rec.radio.amateur.moderated
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 06:13:55 EDT

[...]

The above made it through via usenet with no changes made to any of my
configurations. I made no earlier usenet attempt.

73,

Dave K8MN

Old August 9th 11, 03:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Old August 9th 11, 04:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

On 8/9/2011 10:40 AM, Paul W. Schleck wrote:

In another news group (the support for my news service group) it was
mentioned that Google Groups is broken,

Well, More broken than usual
So it's a Google problem,, Not uncommon at all

Google's search engine was down a while ago (right when I seriously
needed it) and it appears they are still "Working on things that got broke"
So the problem is