RadioBanter

-   Moderated (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/)
-   -   Can pasta-inspired radio waves could unclog the wireless world? (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/204600-re-can-pasta-inspired-radio-waves-could-unclog-wireless-world.html)

Michael J. Coslo June 16th 14 04:45 PM

Can pasta-inspired radio waves could unclog the wireless world?

On Tuesday, March 6, 2012 10:49:19 AM UTC-5, Bill Horne wrote:
I came across this story today, and I'd appreciate hearing other hams'

opinions as to whether this is possible. TIA.

My goodness, what a website.

Seems like this "vorticity' that will allow infinite bandwidth has a few issues.

Gedanken experiments that make the assumption that vorticity exists show that it violates the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

But even if this vorticity did exist, the notion that making use of that vorticity to gain infinite bandwidth, like other schemes including phase modulation using infinite phase variations, the idea only works as long as you have infinite power available.