RadioBanter

-   Moderated (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/)
-   -   [KB6NU] Not worthy to be an Extra? (https://www.radiobanter.com/moderated/208407-re-%5Bkb6nu%5D-not-worthy-extra.html)

Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI October 21st 14 03:11 AM

[KB6NU] Not worthy to be an Extra?

On 01/10/14 00:59, Foxs Mercantile wrote:
On 9/30/2014 11:56 AM, KB6NU via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin wrote:
I received an e-mail yesterday from someone who recently purchased
my General Class and Extra Class study guides and has begun working
toward getting his Extra Class ticket. He writes: Current status:
Just now starting to understand what Ham radio is all about Ive made
a lot of progress and have been passing the General []

And I thought you're entire view on the "accelerated study/testing"
method was "They can learn on the air once they're licensed."

It's like learning to drive. You learn to pass a driving test, you drop
the "Learner" plates, then learn to drive all over again.

--
;-)
73 de Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI - mine's a pint.